Repair & Return Policy
Product Returns - repairs & replacements
Returning new products for repair or replacement
· Replacements and repairs are only accepted if there are fabrication errors in the product or if the product doesn’t match the item that was ordered.
Since custom-made orders are created entirely to the wishes of the customer, refunds for these items are not possible. In case of fabrication errors we will repair the planner or make a new planner.
We have to be notified about this on the day the product was received.
· We do not accept returns based on damage due to the customer’s own treatment of the product (polish, scratching due to use, water damage etc).
· We accept ‘Touch Me’ organizer exchanges and returns based on personal preferences on the condition that the sending costs (both ways) are fully paid by the customer. The product has to be unused and in its original packaging and we have to be notified on the day the product was received.
Returning used products for repair
· If your VDS product has been handled by third party companies (for repairs or adjustments) our warranty for repairs no longer applies.
Conditions that do not apply for returns
· Leather is a unique and diverse product which means that no two hides are the same. The full grain, top quality of the leather means that there can be natural "imperfections" in the leather caused by eg. scars or bites. This is part of the beauty of the natural product.
You can request which kind of hide part you like (pebbly / smooth) and we will find the best piece for you, it is however impossible to guarantee a 100% match with a leather you have seen somewhere before.
· Leather suppliers maintain a 10% variability margin within which they can operate with regards to the print and color of the leather.
This means that there is a possibility for each hide to differ slightly in those aspects. We do not accept returns based on differences within those margins.
· Planners that include a big back pocket need space to be able to use this pocket. This can potentially lead to the planner not laying flat by itself easily when opening the planner (with your help it will) and this necessary space may lead to the leather "searching" for space to lay flat when opened, which could potentially result in a slight vertical fold depending on the leather you pick and whether your planner includes stiffener. If you have any questions about your choice of leather or stiffener, please email us via email@example.com
· When choosing contrast stitching, please keep in mind that there is a small chance that the accepted (very slight) variability in the straightness of the stitching due to normal use of the material can become visible. This is not considered an error.
· We take pictures of all Custom Made items right before they are shipped to avoid potential uncertainties about the cause of spots or marks on the planner. If your mentioned spots or marks are not visible on these picture we do not take responsibility for it and you cannot send the planner back for repair. If you want advice about what to do with a certain spot or mark on your planner, please email us via firstname.lastname@example.org and include information about the type of spot or mark if possible and include an image of it.
Sending a product back for repair or replacement
1. Return address:
Van der Spek Lederwaren
3297 TB Puttershoek
Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands
Tel: +31 78 676 4777
2. Refund of sending costs
You can select the mail transportation company of your choice. We provide a refund of sending costs up to € 35,- ( $ 35,-).
If you choose a courier that is more expensive the difference in price will be at your own expense. Please email us a copy of your sending receipt. We will refund you the sending costs when we receive your receipt and will let you know when we receive the planner.
3. Sending procedure
Mark the product as a ‘repair’ and if asked for an estimated value of the product put € 20,- ( $ 20,-). This is to avoid having to pay import duties over our own products.